Tuesday, August 30, 2016

THRIFT STORE SHOPPING

Let me start by saying I've always had a problem with well-off folks like myself shopping in thrift stores. To me, these stores are intended for those who need the lower-priced alternative to regular retail. It's no exaggeration to say I've donated thousands of dollars of clothing and furniture for thrift resale to various organizations. The idea that those items end up in the hands of high-end designers 'repurposing' them tweaks my nerves a bit. Still, I have always sought to give where needed rather than sell my unwanted items, so I forgave myself today's roughly $25 in purchases. I think. It must still bug me or I wouldn't even mention it. Huh.

CLOTHES AND ACCESORIES FOR EVERYONE

As you can see, Mommy Skelly has a few new accessories, as well as having had her shoes zip-tied (I'll clip the ends and you won't even notice them). I am loving the head-scarf, and may appropriate it for myself after Halloween. I do have an issue with little newborn Shelly Skelly. Mommy's arms don't articulate inward as I had envisioned, to cradle the baby. I'm going to have to noodle a solution. I'm open to suggestion, as long as it doesn't involve purchasing a bassinette or cradle. Aside from cost, I don't want to store more stuff that is probably for a one-off display.


DADDY SKELLY

I shopped the boys' racks for both Daddy and Junior. Daddy's rockin' cargo shorts, a sleeveless rocker tee, and black boots. And, of course, his do-rag and mullet. I feel like he's missing something, though. Do you agree? A beard, maybe? I was thinking his mullet is so very long, I could trim it and maybe use double-sided sticky tape or leftover Command strips to attach the trimmed hair as some kind of facial hair. Hmmm? Gonna have to noodle that some more, too. Thoughts anyone?


I had to stop at this point, after dislocating Daddy's right arm (note to self: don't force it, cut the clothes!) and nipping a finger (mine!) with scissors. Junior is up next, and then September will be all about the staging of my front  porch for the display.




No comments:

Post a Comment