Sunday, September 18, 2016

DAD AND JUNIOR

I did some refining on Dad recently. I cut his hair and use some of the scraps for a scraggly, sparse 'can't grow one to safe my life' beard. I was considering double-sided tape to put the hairs on, but thought of a better idea, easy and removable (I hope): wall/poster putty. I had some kicking around from another project, so I rolled out a couple of this pieces with my fingers, then molded it to Dad's chin and upper 'lip'. I then used a reed like you find in scent diffusers to poke the hairs into place. I also have a supply of those, since I make my own diffusers. A bamboo skewer would work as well. The result is, you can't even see the putty. Pretty decent effect.


Junior is now dressed and ready for action. I think the Bart Simpson shirt and matching sneaks are brilliant. :)

Finally, I've scrapped the baby boo from the project, at least for now. While I was cleaning today, I must have bumped the table the baby skeleton head was on. A few minutes later I turned the corner around the sofa with the vacuum to find my little Terror, Topo, on the area rug surrounded by teeny white rubber bits. No sense yelling at the bugger. Instead, I wrapped the mess up in his grotty play blanket and tossed the whole mess, then gave him the baby blanket to play with.  Sigh.



No comments:

Post a Comment